Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Two Directional Dogs


She could have been half the lady she was before


Marty

My dog is a Lab mix and is afraid of machines. She is afraid of the motor sounds. My auntie has a Shepard mix that is not afraid of anything.

One day, at the park, I had them both on leashes, one in each hand, when a park worker turned on a ride on mower. I was suddenly being pulled in half by two large dogs, one fleeing in crazed panic, and the other bent on murder. I literally couldn't move! I couldn't drop either leash; both dogs were out of their ever-loving minds and would've harmed themselves. Either by being mauled by the mower or a headlong dash directly into traffic just a few steps away. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do when the mower guy noticed my dilemma. He stopped the motor and even helped me to my car.

My hero! We were laughing so hard I thought we would wet ourselves.
Now I take them out with a leash separator, that way if this happens again, it's the leash that will take the abuse!

Unknown author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own story here if you want