Monday, November 23, 2009

One Lucky Little Dog


Big and fierce vs the little guy

Marty

My Chihuahua mix dog, Tinkerbell , decided to bolt out the door one day and fly across the campground before we could blink. I couldn't find her for over an hour but finally I heard a muffled bark which sounded like her. She has always been a true hunter and that day was no exception. She had gotten inside the ductwork of a rental room and had cornered some sort of animal. She was barking incessantly and the critter was hissing. There was no talking her out. I had to call staff to tear out the wall next to her. The two creatures were behind the insulation. When that was cut opened, out popped out a full- sized opossum... Tink still wouldn't come out. I had to reach in and drag her out! I don't think the staff will ever let us forget that one. She hasn't gotten loose since.

I can just see Marty shaking his head.

Contributed by: Alice Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own story here if you want