Thursday, November 19, 2009

Muffled Cries from within the Chimney


Good grief, that must have been one dirty and disgusted cat. I understand Cindy was a calico, but bet you couldn't tell that when they got her out of the fireplace. Yuck...


Marty

Mr. Mindy’s sister, Cindy used to enjoy walking on the patio cover and the roof. I was concerned she would fall or have trouble getting down. She would jump from the hot tub to a ledge on the fireplace to the patio cover and she would be fine. She seemed to have her own way of doing things. One morning when I was getting ready for work I heard a faint meow and really did not think much of it. A meow is a meow, we had a lot of cats, but this sounded muffled and that concerned me. So I started to look around and found the noise was coming from inside our fireplace of all places. Thank Heavens it was not a cold day, we had not lit the insert. Now I was ready for work, but I had a cat stuck in the fireplace and no way to get to her. I called friends of ours to come over and take the insert out very slowly so the mystery cat could not run through the house covered in soot. Slowly he pulled out the insert and sure enough it was Cindy. She looked a fright. I scooped her into a pillow case for safe travel to the vet for a good bath. In the meantime I had to call into work and tell them why I would be late. I used the old cat in the fireplace excuse. It works every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own story here if you want