Friday, November 13, 2009

One little knock got the job done

Mom has a bird story. I just like to watch them thru the glass door.
We enjoy birds, I enjoy watching them and mom gets to feed them. Yep, that works.
My goodness, this bit of laughter has nothing to do with cats. I truly enjoy birds and I try to always have a few bird feeders out. One I had hanging in the garden so I could watch it from the living room. It had been a few days since I had filled it and ran out of seed.
We had quite a variety of birds feeding, some little ground feeders that might be of the chickadee family, blue jays and a few others. I was sitting on the sofa and I could hear a slight tapping sound, but I can not figure out where it is coming from. Can’t see anything out the sliding glass door. Nobody standing there, and than I hear it again. My eyes are drawn to the ground, and here is one of the little chickadees tapping on the door. The little guy has come to tell me that the feeder was empty and I needed to do something about it.
A large blue jay was sitting on the railing waiting for the little bird to get my attention, which it did. Can you imagine a large bird waiting on the little guy to knock. How did they know that if they got my attention I would fill the feeder. I simply do not have that answer but I have to say the animal kingdom is much smarter than we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own story here if you want