Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Gobbler wanted to play



A Turkey Dance Isn't for me

Marty


We had a stray turkey, not even the farmer behind us claimed him. He had moved into the neighborhood and was enjoying an occasional roost on the neighbors fence and teasing their dog.

He decided to get on our roof one day so I go out to take a peek and he is running across the roof and jumping off the small ledge in the middle of the roof, and going back and doing it again. He had made a game out of this, so I went in the house and just endured the turkey steps over head. But I couldn't help laughing out loud listening to this silly bird running back and forth having a good time with this silly game.

It was nearing Thanksgiving and the turkey did disappear, however he was such a pathetic looking thing I would not have wanted him in our oven.




Ginny Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own story here if you want