Thursday, December 10, 2009

Now that's a Quack of a Critic




Don't think your going to chase me around

Marty

We had moved to a rural area of Texas on six acres of land. When we moved we brought two cats with us, we survived the trip and I have to say that is something when you move with cats in a car.
What a fiasco.

To add to our menagerie a few weeks after we settled into the house I bought some baby ducks at our local feed store and hand raised them in our sun room. Oh my goodness that was a terrible job. Ducks are not tidy animals, I was always having to clean up after them but what did I expect? Potty trained ducks?

They grew quickly and were allowed to go out to our garden and eat the bugs, that is why I got them. My husband and I created a little pond if you can call it that,we cemented it in and did the best we could on limited funds and limited time. I was staying home for a period of time and had the TV on in our living room. All of a sudden I hear lots of quacking noises from behind me.

Our windows went almost to the floor and all the ducks had decided to sit there and watch TV with me from the outside, but they had to discuss everything. Quack, quack and more quacks. Two legged, television critics, with wings.



Ginny Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own story here if you want